Thursday, September 07, 2006

I’m Now a MOP

I’m now officially part of MOPS and Meredith is a MOPPET. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect but now, after my first day yesterday, I think I’m going to like it.

The other ladies were very friendly and warm. And, being the food girl, it was good to see that we’ll be having a hot brunch at each meeting.

I was glad to learn that MOPS is very low key. I need that in my life right now. Although I know it’s important to be challenged spiritually and intellectually, honestly, I’m grateful that I’ll be able to have a venue to just “escape.”

And from what I could tell, Meredith enjoyed her experience too.

It’s time for me to take more ownership of my community. I have my church friends, my family-friends, and now I hope to cultivate another circle of friends. It’s all a part of developing roots and making Indianapolis seem more like “home.”

8 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Way to go, Amy. Last weekend I moved to Davis (post to come on that later) with the intent to do just that: try to make this area feel more like "home."

JoMama said...

What is a MOPS?

Amy K said...

M.O.P.S. - Mothers of Preschoolers

Amy K said...

Hey Jomama - Congrats on the house, BTW. That's very exciting news! :)

JoMama said...

Thanks! We don't move in for another week and a half (due to painting and a go-slow approach due to Mendi's "condition") but we love it.

Amy K said...

You'll have to e-mail pics sometime!! And keep us posted on the "condition."

the Joneses said...

Good for you! I've been a part of a MOMS Club for two or three years, and it's done a lot toward making here seem like home. Hope you find some enjoyable friends through it.

-- SJ

Anonymous said...

I'm a BROOM.