Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Team is Ready and Raring to Go!

Watch out folks! Fantasy Football season is here at last!

Kevin got an e-mail from a friend yesterday (a guy friend, of course – who else would keep track of their team and someone else’s team?): “Remind Amy to set her lineup today or tomorrow (before the game). She has all her players on the bench right now!”

Oops.

Because my priorities are in order, before I even thought about logging onto Blogger today, I went to my Fantasy Football page and selected my starting players for the game tonight.

I was pleased to see that certain players had icons next to their names containing *important* informational items. This was a relief because who has time to research this on their own?!

Apparently one of my running backs, Domanick Davis, “went on injured reserve” thereby “ending the 2006 season.” Bah! Why did he have to go and do this? I’m highly perturbed at him right now. He was probably injured doing something stupid, too.

One of my wide receivers, Joe Horn, will “miss Thursday’s game.” Apparently the coach has decided to “sit him out to make sure he is at full health for the start of the regular season.”

And then I was made aware by the Associate Press that another of my running backs, Edgerrin James, is “expected to see only one or two carries” in tonight’s game. That doesn’t sound very hopeful now, does it? But, on a wing and a prayer, I decided to keep him in the game anyway. It all boils down to this … I believe in my guys!

Go team, go!

3 comments:

Alaina said...

Go Amy! Hopefully your team will do well...though not as good as mine. :) :) When do we play each other? (You can tell how much time I've spent on it!)

CABeachBlonde said...

You are so awesome--how fun! I think I might have had a team once (if I marry a football fan, maybe I'll pick it back up again)--shortly after I stopped collecting cards (yep, I was really into it for awhile). Speaking of cards, I should dig those out of storage...they're probably worth a lot now... oo! :D

Rebecca said...

Go Amy! This going to be a fun season.