Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The mighty have fallen ...

Anticipation was high last night as our church softball team, on which Kevin plays first base, had their first game of the season. I always enjoy going to these types of things and screaming from the stands. The first several innings went really well and then … to be honest with you, I’m not sure what happened. To shorten a long story, let me just say that we lost pretty badly … 24 to 5!! Kevin hung his head as we left the ballpark. I tried to console him by telling him that HE did a good job – both at bat and on first base. But I’m not sure how comforting I was.

It’s hard to believe, but I guess our church used to have the #1 team in the league. Wow. Considering last night’s game, coupled with the fact that last year we didn’t win a single blasted game, I guess we’ve come a loooong way.

Although it’s definitely more fun to win, I still enjoy the process of the game despite the end result. So, my plan is to continue to occupy the bleachers on Monday nights, scream until I’m hoarse, as always, and ever be a loyal fan of our church softball team … even though it appears that their glory days have come to an end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do find it interesting that the team's losing streak coincides with Kevin joining the team...

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you guys enjoying a good game of sports!