Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Clara

Clara is six months now. She’s sitting up a lot more these days but still not interested in moving around much. She’s happy to play with whatever toys are in arm’s reach. I used to worry when Meredith didn’t roll around much, but with a second child it’s funny how much less you are concerned by things. It’s probably a combination of the fact that things turned out fine once already and I have less time to worry!

We are hearing a lot of “dadadadadadada” lately and other baby sounds. My favorite thing she’s doing now is pulling my head towards her and giving me wet kisses.

She’s also starting to notice other babies and interact with other babies a lot. The other day she carried on a lengthy “conversation” with an older man (seven months old). He would grunt and she would squeal. It went back and forth like this for quite a while.

Seriously, I think six months is my favorite baby stage. Is there a cuter baby age? I submit no.

2 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

I love Clara's beautiful eyes! She sounds so sweet. Joseph's "talk" at present consists of loud shrieks and insistent grunts :-P

the Joneses said...

Dear Clara,

You are a charming little baby and we look forward to your contributions to the blog in times to come. Right now we do laugh a lot more with Meredith, but we love you just as much.

-- SJ