Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lovin' Bloglines

About a year ago Kevin tried to get me to use a feature similar to Bloglines. Anyway, I wasn’t sure about it and decided to just keep my old system of rapid mouse clicking.

Then recently several friends have mentioned it. Because I’ve been discouraged by my general lack of time and the fact that I haven’t been able to keep up with friends’ blogs like I want, I decided to give it a try.

Let me just say that I LOVE it.

No more clicking through ten blogs only to discover that no one has updated … or going an entire week without checking blogs only to realize that there have been 20 new posts on one blog alone.

It works kind of like an e-mail inbox, telling you how many “messages”/posts are out there.

This will enable me to read twice as many blogs in half the time.

Did I mention that I love Bloglines?

6 comments:

C said...

Welcome to the world of RSS readers! I'm using Google Reader for the same purpose. No way I could keep up with all my favorite blogs without it!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm glad you like Bloglines. We work very hard at trying to make it the best. We also have a new beta out, you might like it too. :)

Bjorn Tipling
Bloglines Engineer

P.S Sometimes I get bored at work and do a blog search for 'Bloglines' and that's how I saw your post.

the Joneses said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's just jumping on the wagon. Darren set up Google Reader for me last week. The timesaver is amazing!

-- SJ

Rachelle said...

You motivated me to sit down and add a lot more blogs to my bloglines. The only bad thing....Much harder to leave comments. But I didn't have time to keep up with all the blogs anymore and this way I can very easily.

All those private log-in blogs get checked once every couple of weeks when I have extra time but I keep up with everyone else.

Thanks for the reminder.-rlr

the Joneses said...

Amy -- At your suggestions, I did a post on blog friendships. (You hadn't shown up in the comments section so I thought you may not have checked my blog in the last couple of days.)

-- SJ

Anonymous said...

Aren't RSS readers/Bloglines awesome tools?! I concur w/Ben's mom re: the comments but hey, at least I'm able to use my time more wisely and not miss somebody's post. Hmm, maybe this will actually allow me the time to post more frequently on my blog.