Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Bread Pudding Story

At a tender age I once tried bread pudding and pretty much hated it. So I had long given up on bread pudding. But last night we had last-minute company coming and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. So, I decided to give it another try! And I'm SO glad I did.

This bread pudding rocks! (I omitted the raisins, and added extra spices--extra cinnamon and some nutmeg and clove.) I can't wait to try it again!

After reading some of the user comments, I decided to drizzle some vanilla sauce on the top and I think that was a really nice touch.
Yum!

2 comments:

Alaina said...

I thought I didn't like bread pudding either but discovered in the last year or two that I was wrong! It's so good. I'll have to check out that recipe. I have one for White Chocolate Cranberry bread pudding from a cooking class and it also rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

rice pudding is also a killer -- especially the stove top kind. try it! you will LOVE it!!
geni