Friday, June 29, 2007

I don't get it.

I don't understand how a little girl can be so into dinosaurs and making scary "rooooooaaaarrrrrrr" sounds all day long while, at the same time, be such a girly-girl.

While rummaging through her closet, Meredith recently discovered a pair of Cinderella princess pajamas that I had put away because I thought it was still too big. Someone gave it to her as a hand-me-down. She now wants to wear it ALL the time.

I am amazed at how quickly the "battle over clothing" has begun. Although she is not yet two years old, Meredith insists on wearing certain clothing (i.e., dresses) and shoes. She’s become extremely opinionated about the matter. I often have to put my foot down when things simply aren't practical. Mostly I give in, though, because she is SO happy to be able to wear her favorite things. It's cute to see.


2 comments:

Rose said...

This is so cute! I was going to write a post about this myself! Jane is in the thick of her girly-girl phase right now, and loves to wear dresses and pretty shoes. When I get shorts and shirts out of her bin in the morning, she gently puts them back, saying, 'All done shorts.' Isn't it fun to see their little personalities emerging? As you said in a previous post, who told them to twirl and want to be pretty? No one - they are girls!! =)

thatmompodcast said...

Amy,

This must be a California girl thing....Penelope is obsessed with being a princess right now. I found a tall, pointed princess hat with a gauzey train for her birthday and she loves it!

The pix of Meredith are too cute!