Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Camping

This past weekend found us roughing it at camp. “Roughing it” is a relative term since we were about as close to a bathroom and warm showers as is possible at a campground.

It was a church function and the main reason we went was for Meredith’s sake. We figured she would get a kick out of it and she truly did. On Friday night she was covered from head-to-toe with dirt. Unfortunately I never got a decent picture of her!

Honestly, I think camping can be enjoyable. Being surrounded by nature is good. Hanging out with friends at a campfire, roasting s’mores is just about as fun as anything. Since I’ve had some really fun and pleasant camping experiences in the past, I would never completely discount it. But, for the most part, I think it’s overrated, especially if the weather is bad. I think that priceline-ing a hotel is generally a much better option. But like I said, we did it for Meredith. Every kid deserves to go camping now and then.

We came, we saw, we conquered. And I think that this eight-month-pregnant body should get some sort of a medal for going (getting ready for it took the biggest toll) and sleeping in a tent on an air mattress. I’m not sure I’d ever go again under these same physical circumstances.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You get a HUGE medal and MAJOR points for going camping while 8 mo. pregnant! Yes, you do! I'm way impressed! =) I would never have done it. I slept with about 14 pillows at the end so . . . camping was totally out of the picture. =D

metu said...

description w2n44l3a34 high quality replica bags replica bags us e2t83o3d21 visit this website e1n62o6r75 replica louis vuitton handbags 9a replica bags i8s92f9s03 replica bags vancouver click to read l9d78k0e31 replica bags prada