Monday, November 27, 2006

We never knew ...

We never knew, or at least we forgot, how nice it is to be HOME for Thanksgiving weekend. I have traveled for Thanksgiving each of the last six years. Kevin has traveled the last eight years.

It was so nice to not have to fight crowds at the airport at the most crazy travel time of the year. Because we stayed home, it felt like we experienced three Saturdays in a row. Nice!

Thanksgiving itself was a good combination of relaxation and excitement. There were also a few surprises that were mixed into the day.

One particular surprise I am waiting OH-SO-PATIENTLY for someone else to post about on their blog. As soon as they do, I will link to it.

I made stuffing for the first time. I found a great recipe that has dried cranberries, apples, sausage, and lots of fresh herbs. It was great. The only problem is that I made way too much and have a ton of it still in the fridge. We’re going to be stuffinged-out. Can you freeze stuffing? Something tells me no.

The rest of the weekend I spent either being lazy or working on Christmas stuff. It’s great to start the Christmas season on a low-key note, rather than getting home tired from traveling and already feeling behind.

Kevin, of course, had to study for finals and read for classes. He spent Friday morning at Starbucks and I joined him later in the day. We gave Meredith her “coffee” (that’s what she calls it but, really, it’s just a cup filled halfway with water and a straw, so she thinks she's getting what we're getting too). We all drank our coffee together, Kevin studied and I started addressing Christmas cards. The Christmas music was playing, the fire was lit. Ahhh ...

What a great four-day-weekend.

Oh, Shannon posted some Thanksgiving pics here. I'll try to post some later too.

2 comments:

JoMama said...

Our Thanksgiving was pretty hectic—In Ashland, a ton of people, twice the normal cooking times because of intermittent power outages, and NO STUFFING because no one noticed that we didn't have any until we sat down to eat.

"Leftovers" the next day (actually another Thanksgiving meal on its own) went a lot smoother...

Anonymous said...

Who cares?