Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Daughter Thinks She Is Picasso

Meredith has now entered the “artist phase” of toddlerhood. All parents who are reading this will immediately know what I mean.

Because my daughter now thinks she is Picasso, I have stopped giving her pens, pencils, or crayons unless she is under strict supervision. She has drawn on several walls, pieces of furniture, on her clothing, and once while I was in the shower she drew all over the toilet. They are very nice scribbles. But that’s besides the point.

This morning I gave her a piece of paper and said, “Okay, you can only draw on the paper, Meredith, not anything else.” I was planning to watch her carefully while she drew but then got distracted. Now she has these beautiful lines of ink all over her khaki pants.

What was I thinking?

In other news, my little girl has been singing a lot too. (She must be destined for the arts, right?)

Usually we have no idea what she is singing – it’s an assortment of random notes and syllables. But on Sunday Kevin said, “I think she’s singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” We listened closely and, sure enough, she was singing “wi-wa star, how I won-ah [and then something unintelligible].”

We sang it back to her and she smiled, knowingly, and then continued singing. SO CUTE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need those special markers that only mark on the special paper. :)

JoMama said...

Oops! She did it again...

Megan said...

Singing just like Mom and Dad! Precious:)

Anonymous said...

Her dad is K-Fed?!