Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gotta Place!

Well, we’re happy to report that our house hunt has finally come to an end. We’ve opted to lease a place north of downtown for the next two years. It’s a three bedroom with a basement – I’m not sure how many square feet but we’re fairly sure we can squeeze all our furniture in there! Our fingers are crossed!

It’s located in an area called Broad Ripple and there’s a grocery store, library, post office, a playground park, and lots of coffee shops within walking distance. What more could I ask for?

We get the keys on Friday and plan to move in less than two weeks. It will be nice to get settled in before Kevin starts school.

In the meantime, we’re picking out paint colors. Kevin says he wants to go “trendy.” Last night he marked a bunch of pages in a home decorating book I got from the library, indicating what colors he thinks fit that category.

I’m sure we can agree on something.

10 comments:

Chris and Amber said...

That sounds great! Glad you found something! Even though you're leasing they will let you paint or do whatever you want? That must be nice!

Janice Phillips said...

And you'll get your couch back!

Rachelle said...

That's awesome! And even better that they'll let you paint. I've never yet been able to do that and it is probably the thing I look forward to about owning most. -rlr

Carrie said...

YAY! Fabulous news! It'll be great to settle down again. Thanks for sharing your fun news!

JoMama said...

I just want to see what Kevinicus thinks is "trendy"...

CABeachBlonde said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! :D Sounds like things are going really well and that you're having a fun time. Randomly enough, I was JUST in Cinncinati the Saturday before that and saw signs for the Kings. Also went into Indiana--beautiful state! I'll be putting photos up on my blog from that trip soon.

Glad everythings going so well. (And, yes, just what is "trendy"?)

Amy K said...

I think Kevin's idea of "trendy" is some slate-grey/blues, maybe some light olives (which I like), and some warm, mocha-type colors. He actually marked quite a few colors in several books.

Our house in Roseville had a lot of red in it. I think I'm going to stay away from red this time, even though I like that too.

If we go with slate-grey/blue, I might accent with some deep, burnt orange colors. I don't like orange that well (in general) but I think this combo works nicely - I was inspired by a model home I saw once.

We'll see ... I'll probably change my mind 50,000 times before the thing is done.

Amy

the Joneses said...

So glad you found something! And it sounds like it's in an area where you can find things to do during long days. (Not that days with a little one and absent husband ever get long or anything, I'm just saying, just in case.)

-- SJ

Jen said...

Broad Ripple is the BEST place in Indy! So where exactly in BR are you living?

So excited that you are getting your own place!

Queen of Carrots said...

Congratulations! Hope you have fun with painting. I've had about enough to be happy with white for a long, long time. Like until next year.