Monday, August 07, 2006

Dinner Break

You can probably guess what we’ve been up to … painting, painting, and more painting. Whenever we can squeeze in a few hours, we run to the house and paint.

We took a break on Saturday evening to go to a dinner for all the attorneys and spouses at Kevin’s firm. (It took me a while to get the paint out of my hair but, fortunately, I got ready in time! I’m a very messy painter.)

Anyway, the dinner was held at an Italian restaurant downtown. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten so much food in all my life. We were served appetizers, wine, bread and dipping oil, soup or salad, a main course, dessert, and selections from a full coffee bar.

It was really good to meet more people from his firm. The people at the dinner were all really kind and friendly to me. Some of them were really funny, too.

We’re thankful that God has provided such a good job for Kevin.

Oh, and I don’t think I ever really put this on my blog, because things were hectic at the time, but his firm has told him he could work as many hours as he wants while he’s in school. Having this type of flexibility will be such a blessing!

2 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Can't wait to see your finished paint job(s). I'm sure it'll look awesome...and trendy. ;-)

Angel said...

I spent part of the weekend painting too. Seems like it's a never ending job at our place! Of course, what I need is a large, uninterrupted chunk of time. . . and for all the furniture to be moved. It's very smart of you to get everything painted before you move in! :) So happy to hear things are going well. :)