Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Beast

I love roller coasters. How I love them! Kevin is good to indulge me every couple of years. So, last Saturday we went to King’s Island in Cincinnati.

King’s Island is home to the world’s longest wooden roller coaster, The Beast. The Beast was the last ride we went on before heading home.

It was nighttime when we rode it and it wound us through numerous wooded areas and two long, dark tunnels. It was awesome! I now have a new respect for wooden roller coasters.

Of course Kevin says I just love an excuse to scream. This is probably partly true. But I also love the experience, the out of control feeling, and the thrill.

For the record, though, I really do hate those rides where you’re hanging upside down, suspended in the air, for 60 seconds. I went on one of those (The Tomb Raider) by “mistake” because it was an indoors ride and I didn’t know what I was getting into. I closed my eyes and prayed for it to be over the entire time!

Once, while hanging upside down, I peeked to see what was beneath me and there were red swirling lights (a lava pit) and red-colored water squirting up at me. Something reminiscent of Hell, for sure.

We also went to the water park and had two races with Andrew and Alaina. (There were four water slides next to each other and we raced head first, on mats on our bellies.) I came in last every time. But it was fun. And I’m really okay with losing. Really.

3 comments:

Chris and Amber said...

Remember when you went on the high dangling one called EVOLUTION at the OC fair with me? That was a long time ago! I still have the picture of you way up in the air, or at least your dangling feet. Remember I dared you to go on it, I knew you'd take it and I got my thrill and excitement from watching you with two feet on the ground. =) Now with my bad back because of multiple car accidents I'm not supposed to go any of those kind of roller coasters which is a good excuse 'cause I don't like most of those anyway!

Jen said...

If you love roller coasters you must go to the BEST and TOP roller coaster park in the nation and that is at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. It's basically all roller coasters and the largest one is so big and so fast and so steep you can't even scream. It's only about a 5 hour drive from Indy. It's the best hands down.

JoMama said...

I thought "the Beast" was your pet name for Kevinicus.