Monday, November 26, 2007

Letter

Here is a letter I wrote this week to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Why am I posting this on my blog? Because blogs are for random things like this, why else?

Dear Sir or Madam:

My family has been a member of the Children’s Museum since February of last year. We have been very pleased with the Children’s Museum and plan to continue our membership for years to come.

I am writing, however, to express my dismay that Burger King was removed from the Children’s Museum food court.

We were always so impressed that there was a Burger King to begin with because we had expectations of inflated food prices at the museum. Now we are very sad to see that the Children’s Museum has gone back to price-gouging concessionaires.

It was refreshing to see a change from the typical high-price museum eating options.

Because of Burger King, families had an affordable option to eat out with their children at the museum. Now families will be forced to pay premium prices for lunch for their kids.

Additionally, the Children’s Museum prides itself on creating kid-friendly experiences. Burger King was a part of that. My daughter always loved ending her mornings at the Children’s Museum with a Burger King meal and getting the BK crown to wear home. We are all sad that she will no longer have that to look forward to.

It is unfortunate that Burger King was removed from the Children’s Museum food court. If there is any way to reverse this decision or bring in another kid-friendly, affordable eating option, our family and numerous others would be very appreciative.

I would love to hear from you as to why this decision was made and whether it is possible to remedy it.

Very sincerely,

Amy Koons
Mother of Meredith (age 2) and Clara (age 4 months) and
Children’s Museum Member

6 comments:

Alaina said...

We agree!!! It's so disappointing and you spend twice the amount for less food.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote that. I think a lot of people were disappointed with no BK.

Anonymous said...

How about packing a lunch?

Monica said...

I second that!! Last time we went I expected to find BK but instead had to buy a whole pizza for over $20. That was my best option and everyone had one slice. Very sad.

Thanks for being proactive about this.

Anonymous said...

Stupid museum. You should cancel your subscription.

Nothing is better than a big beefy triple whopper, where the beef is really thick and greasy, extra cheese (don’t be cheap with the pickles), monster size fries, onion rings and a huge Coke—and that’s just what I get for my 300 pound kid!!!!

The Richmond Four said...

Way to go Amy! People don't realize these letters make a difference - not always in the way we'd like to see, but it's a great thing letting businesses know what the customers are thinking. I'm a firm believer in helping out Customer Service in this way. Will be curious to see what happens.