Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday Kickoff

If you don’t count my turkey roast experiment, then my official holiday kickoff was when I went to the Holiday Home Tour in historic Meridian-Kessler with some girlfriends this weekend. I had been looking forward to this for a long time. After lunch at Café Patachou, we toured four large 1920s homes decorated to the nines for Christmas.

All of the homes were built in the 1920s. One was traditionally decorated, one was more funky-modern, one was eclectic-antique, and I’m very sad to report that the Governor’s mansion has a lot of Grandma-style wallpaper. At least they didn’t use taxpayer dollars to pay for it, according to the docent. (But, to be fair, the large family room was beautiful and the tree and mantle decor in the family room was very awesome.)

But back to Patachou. It’s a new French restaurant that opened here in Broad Ripple. Laura, Shannon, and Colin rave about it. But I was disappointed with the crepe/egg/béchamel thing I got. I’ll have to try it again, though. Maybe I’ll get a dessert crepe. Or their omelets and cinnamon French toast, which looked fabulous. And, I definitely was NOT disappointed with the French Hot Chocolate. In a word: Amazing!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE Cafe Patochou!! Their chicken salad is amazing. I usually went to the one down on 54th and Penn. area or Keyston at the Crossing.

Oh and I loved doing the home tours. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that home tour sounds like so much fun! one of these years I'll have to do that!

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

What a fun holiday outing!