Friday, November 04, 2005

A Personal Low Point

This week I pulled out one of my favorite sweaters (yes, finally!) and wore it all day while running errands. Later that evening I noticed a small hole on my left sleeve. It appeared to be moth damage. Upon closer examination of my sweater, I spotted numerous holes on my right sleeve and a large hole on the lower back of my sweater.

My first horrified thought was: “I can’t believe I ran around the mall not knowing I looked like a tattered hobo all day.”

My second horrified thought: “I wonder how many of my other precious sweaters are ruined?”

I ran to my closet and tore out all my clothes. Turns out that four sweaters were damaged, three of them being my absolute favorites. Grrr.

What can I say? I guess moths have good taste in sweaters.

I don’t understand why there was moth damage considering I wore these sweaters tons last winter. I thought this was only supposed to happen if you let your clothes sit for more than a year.

Kevin’s reply was: “I know you probably don’t want to hear this right now but ‘do not lay up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourself treasures in heaven.’”

When he said this, I actually started to get teary-eyed, knowing that my clothes money budget (that I consistently spend as soon as I get the cash for it) wouldn’t be able to replace my sweaters any time really soon. [Forget the spiritual, Amy!]

Then Kevin, to console me, immediately offered go outside our budget and buy me more sweaters. Ugh … I don’t know, maybe I’ll take him up on it.

One thing I do know is … moths are EVIL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aminicus could totally take pancake-circus-eatin' Kevinicus down to China town...I can't wait to read that blog post!

Anonymous said...

Quit harassing your wife!

Jainal said...

Very nice blog you have written here friend so I would like to appreciate you on this and keep it up for more Monthly Budget. Thanks for sharing.....

Giash said...

Excellent site, keep up the good work my colleagues would love this. Michael Shah specializes in identifying, financing, and managing real estate investments on behalf of institutional clients and sophisticated high net worth investors. Thanks for sharing.....