Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Flavor is Life

“Could it be POB juice?” I asked myself this morning as I took a long luxurious sip.

This is the first time I’ve been able to taste anything in the past four days because I’ve had a horrible head cold.

You know how they say you never appreciate something fully until it’s taken from you? Well, whoever said that is a very wise person.

Because I haven’t been eating very much, ‘cuz everything tastes like cardboard, I think I’ve lost about five pounds. This has got me thinking about whether I’d rather be super-skinny and not enjoy my food OR carry a little extra but love every bite. After some deep, contemplative thought, I’ve decided that being fat is not the worst thing in the world. One of the worst things, however, has got to be having no flavor in your life.

Thank you, God, for all those wonderful flavors you created for me to enjoy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Probably caught it from the Indiana weather huh?

Yeah I would rather taste things than not. :)

Micah said...

I've had it too! I think it's just the stress of traveling with a little one :).

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! I love food too much for "a little extra" to get in the way.