Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Baby Update

Or, rather, the non-baby update. Even though my doctor keeps telling me she thinks the baby will come any minute, still … nothing. As of Friday, my doctor told me she thinks the baby is “at least eight pounds.” My mom, who generally always looks on the bright side, said “That’s great; you’ll have a fat, healthy baby.” All I can think is “Yikes.”

Although it would’ve been fun to have the baby come on the 4th of July, I’m actually glad it didn’t. Personally, I think being born on a holiday would stink because then you’d have to share your birthday with something else.

You know how I talked about doing that DinnerTime thing? Well, I finally did it! And it was fabulous! It took about 45 minutes (only!) to make six meals that generously feed six persons each. Actually, I ended up with more like 12 meals because I split most of them into two different portions, which will be plenty for Kevin and myself. Not only was it fast to make all the meals, it was also incredibly fun. I enjoyed the sense of community as I worked next to a couple dozen other women while we quickly put together healthy, “homemade” meals for our families. I also felt very spoiled during the process. All of the ingredients were ready and pre-prepared when I got there. And as soon as I finished making a meal, the employees at DinnerTime would come and clean up after me. I would then wash my hands and proceed to the next station where I would start making the next meal. Now we have a bunch of quick dinners awaiting us in the freezer – everything from Thai Cashew Chicken to Penne with Prosciutto. This is a very reassuring thought.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi, I'm Sara's friend (former HSLDA intern, met Kevin at Jenna Pocoroba, now Cobb's wedding, if any of that rings a bell).

We have something similar to "Dinner Time" in my area (Baltimore, MD) called "Let's Dish" and it's gotten rave reviews by a couple of ladies at work. Sounds like a cool idea and was interested in what you thought of it.