Monday, April 11, 2005

Craziness

Right now is a really busy time at work for me … I’m looking forward to the “rush” of the legislative season being over (already) … but that probably won’t be for some time. Tomorrow I’m testifying at a hearing against the legalization of physician-assisted suicide (PAS) in California. It just so happens that the organization I work for is also conducting a “Citizens Lobby Day” tomorrow. So, basically, we’re going to take a bunch of people with us to the PAS hearing, and then go back to our meeting-place, do our regular seminar, and then go lobby for a while. It’s going to be an insane!

Anyway … I’m not going to blog for long (although I miss blogging when I’m really busy at work) because my eyes have been glued to my computer for almost the past eleven hours and things are starting to appear hazy … ugh.

Probably the most fun thing we did this past weekend was go to a co-ed baby shower for a friend. I’m a freak when it comes to party games … I like them all! At this shower, we were all blind-folded and had to taste various baby foods and guess which ones were which. It was quite hysterical, actually. As I sat next to Kevin, ready to be blindfolded, I said to him, “Doesn’t this make you fondly remember those childhood birthday parties?” Anyway, it was nice to go back in time … That’s the problem with being a kid – all you want to do is grow-up and you don’t realize, at the time, how good you actually have it!

I also spent quite a while on a house project and later found out that all my time (and frustration) was for naught when Kevin had to come home (after helping some friends move) and re-do the entire project! But … that’s life … I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Co-ed baby shower? Ugh.

I can't believe Kevin agreed to this atrosity. Did the "men" at least get to smoke cigars?