Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Whatever makes you happy . . .

The good news is . . . I have a new computer at my office. The bad news is . . . I have a new computer at my office. Although I’m overjoyed to finally have a computer that works adequately, it was a pain to be without a computer while it was being set up. (Isn’t it sad how much we rely on technology?)

Speaking of technology, Kevin has been glowing with excitement for the past few days because he just got more memory for his laptop. Although, as a good wife, I’ve been very supportive of him during this happy time in his life, sometimes I catch myself wondering why the heck he’s so thrilled about a little memory card. You see, I get excited about entirely different things . . . say, ice cream. Or a pair of shiny red shoes. Or when the GOP party takes control of Congress. Etc. But, hey, I realize we all have different things in life that thrill us. And if new memory is what melts Kevin’s butter, then I’m really happy for him.

1 comment:

the Joneses said...

You should have seen Darren when he got a 30-some volume set of the Writings of the Church Fathers. He cleaned off two bookcase shelves and lined them all up in order, scolded the kids for pushing them out of line, and then sat and gazed at them blissfully. It was an early anniversary present from me (reaaally early... our anniversary isn't for another eight months), so I was happy watching him be happy. And didn't comprehend it one single bit. -- SJ