Monday, January 10, 2005

Spousal Disagreement

A: I agree with you most of the time.
K: What?!
A: Kevin, you wouldn’t want a wife who agreed with you all the time. Since I disagree with you maybe 0.9% of the time, you know that when I actually do agree with you on the rest of the 99.1%, it’s because I think you’re smart and logical, not because I blindly believe everything you say. You wouldn’t be happy with a wife who always said, “Yes, Kevin dear” to everything you said.
K: No, but I would like it if you’d initially disagree with me and then realize I’m right in the end.
A: (laughter)
K: Or, better yet, if I’d be able to persuade you to agree with me every time you disagree.

[Editor’s note: I have to admit - most of the time when I disagree with Kevin, I am later “proved wrong.” Perhaps I should just throw in the towel and always agree with him. Hmm . . . let me think about that. (pause) Nah! Life’s more interesting the way it is now.]
______________________

It was a very random weekend, including a very fun birthday party with a D.J. and dancing, a Pampered Chef party for Amy (seriously – I think I’ve been invited to approximately five Pampered Chef parties in the past twelve months!), our first-ever “repairman” visit for a broken appliance (our icemaker ceased working in our fridge just before Christmas – and our pocketbook is now feeling the pain; you wouldn’t believe how much icemaker repairs cost!!), helping a friend install a DVD player in her house (which involved moving a large TV cabinet), and late-night cribbage games.

And now . . . it’s Monday.

No comments: