Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A spoonful of coffee helps the budget go down . . .

Last night we went to Starbucks to work on our budget. If you have to work on your budget (which I assume most reasonable people will do this at least once or twice in their lives), then Starbucks is a good place to do it. Not only does it provide good ambiance for serious conversation, it also provides the opportunity to blow four bucks on coffee before you figure out how much money you have to spend on “frivolous” things. (Of course, whether or not good coffee is a frivolous expenditure is, I’m sure, something that can be debated for many hours.)

They have this really interesting new drink on the menu called Chantico. It looks like a type of drinkable chocolate fondue. Anybody out there tried it yet? I’m curious but not sure I want to pay for something that isn’t worth it. But, then again, it would be rather difficult for Starbucks to mess up something so wonderful as chocolate.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Yeah, I tried it. Since I don't really care for coffee but still long to spend my $4 somewhere, I'm forced to drink chai and hot chocolate. Personally, I liked the Chantico quite alot. I was put off at first by the small container, but it's so incredibly rich that in the end I was glad I didn't get more. I will add that the barista (is that what they're called?) who made it for me mentioned that only about 50% of the folks she's served it to end up liking it.