Sunday, August 14, 2011

American Girls

For a birthday treat our daughters (all born in July) will remember forever, my good friend Kristi and I took them to an American Girl birthday tea in Chicago. I never knew having girls would be this much fun! We were in the store for four hours and the time flew by. The staff there really made their birthdays special. The girls also enjoyed browsing the dolls and accessories and watching the dolls get their hair fixed at the hair salon. Their friend Kati got her doll's ears pierced while there and also took another doll to the hospital to get a "birth defect" (lazy eye) corrected. They put the doll in a hospital gown, filled out her chart and whisked her away. The whole experience was pretty awesome.

My favorite memory of the day, however, was telling Clara we would get her a doll for her birthday. She was disbelieving. She laughed and cried at the same time. It was a coming-of-age moment and very precious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

I confess I'm not much for the girly stuff, but Abbey would so love that. Last night at the park she was introducing herself to people as "Felicity" and then introducing all her siblings accordingly. :-P What a special birthday treat!

Jen said...

I just love that store! Though I never got the American Doll I always wanted as a child, I loved the store just as much as an adult!

Megan said...

What a special memory for you and the girls! I can't wait to do something similar with Lucy when she gets older :)