Monday, April 13, 2009

Resurrection Rolls

A friend of mine sent an e-mail around that had a recipe for Resurrection Rolls. It seemed like a fun object lesson to do with the kids so I bought the ingredients. Basically, you take a marshmallow (representing Jesus’ body), dip it in melted butter (representing embalming oils), dip it in cinnamon sugar (representing spices at burial), and then wrap it in a crescent roll dough triangle (representing the burial cloth). Then you put Jesus in the tomb (the oven) and close the door. You bake the rolls at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The kids then open the rolls and all they get is a hallow roll. The marshmallow is gone. Jesus is Risen!

So, I did this with my kids. I got really serious when we opened the rolls up. I said to Meredith, “Where is Jesus? What happened?”

She clapped her hands to her cheeks and gasped, “Oh no! He’s melted!”

Ha! So much for that object lesson!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

Ha! My sister did the same recipe... but with better testing after the lesson. :)

http://mississippirose.blogspot.com/2009/04/resurrection-rolls-and-big-bad-wolves.html

Anne said...

That is so cute! And it sounds like something my girls would say.