Monday, February 11, 2008

Mmm, mmm, mmm ...

Well, due to the aforementioned plumbing issues, I didn’t cook as much as I’d planned last week. Here are some additional things I think I’ll make. It appears I’m relying heavily on the AllRecipe’s site this week! Gotta love it.

The first menu is for Valentine’s Day. Something special. It’s unlikely we’ll go out because of the crowds and the realities of having kids. Maybe we'll make up for it next week when it's my b-day!

1) Bleu cheese crusted filet w/ port wine sauce, whipped sweet potatoes, green beans, molten chocolate cakes with sugar-coated raspberries

2) Tomato Gorgonzola Soup w/ corn cakes on the grill (Rachael Ray’s)

3) Chile rellenos pie, Spanish rice, green salad—tho’ I’ll probably heavily modify the chile rellenos recipe because I’m trying to recreate something I had once.

And I’m planning to make and decorate heart-shaped frosted sugar cookies with Meredith. I like to put almond extract in mine.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I love almond extract in cookies!

I wish that I could reach through the screen and grab that chocolate cake:)

Catherine said...

That filet recipe sounds terrific! Let us know how you like it!

Nica said...

OOooo... I think you just changed my mind from making Creme Brulee to doing that molten chocolate cake for V-day.

Funny, we're going to go out next week for V-day and J's birthday... we hate the crowds on Valentine's night. :P