Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blogs are So Cool

Okay, I’ve always thought blogs are cool … why else would I have one, and read so many blogs on a weekly basis, if I didn’t think that. But recently I’ve decided they’re even more cool than I thought they were before, mainly because of two recent comments left on my blog.

The first comment is from a girl I was in church nursery school with at First Baptist Church Long Beach! Aaaaahhhh! Even though Rhonda and I were like five years old, I have distinct memories playing with her as a child, along with two other girls, Jessica and Katie. I distinctly remember her large backyard and swing set, kitchen, dining room, and another big room upstairs in her house that was full of toys and a TV set. I also remember all of her red-headed and blonde siblings. Crazy! She still lives in Long Beach and has recently realized her lifelong dream of becoming a zoo keeper.

The second comment is from a student in India—a total stranger to me. He randomly came across my blog while doing research for a book review. He apparently told some friends about Meredith and now several of his friends, also from India, have left sweet comments on the Toddler Days post. They have all made me smile, and even laugh. Then I checked out Shrikant’s blog, and found it to be very entertaining, with lots of great quotes that made me think deeper about life. So, I’m glad to have found his blog too.

Blogs make the world smaller. Blogs bring people together. Blogs enrich life.

8 comments:

Samal Shrikant said...

Thanks a lot for your nice comment on my blog. That day I sent your blog address to one of my friends, Srujana and told 'bout Mer. I also found her activities interesting. I thank 'Google', the search engine to let me know 'bout Meredith. I really loved reading 'bout her.

'Blogs make the world smaller. Blogs bring people together. Blogs enrich life'

__________________________________
To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart

Anonymous said...

wow!! that's awesome, no one google-s my kids. :(

Amy, I got your message. we'll talk soon... sorry I've had a zillion excuses, none of them good enough (I know), about why i haven't called you back yet.

xoxo
love you,
ME

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! Blogs are so stinking awesome. I've received comments from friends I would never otherwise have ever heard from. Especially living out in the country ... I can share MO living with all my city slicking friends. :) Anyway, hope and pray all is well.

Anonymous said...

Blogs are regarded and I hate them.

Anonymous said...

I meant "retarded" not "regarded" stupid computers! Give me a typewriter any day!

Anonymous said...

I agree with trypewriter man. Blogs are dangerous and should be outlawed. There's lots of pervs on the internet waiting to pounce on the innocent in the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

I concur.

Anonymous said...

But envelopes are dangerous too, Envelope Man. Think of all those paper cuts you could get on your tongue.