Monday, March 05, 2007

Book Club!

I’m so excited because I’m starting a ladies book club, with the help of Shannon and Catherine. Both of these gals have inspired me with their love of books, so I’m really glad they’re involved. After researching how to start a book club, figuring out logistics, and deciding on a few books to start with, the details are now ironed out and we have our first meeting in another month. We will be discussing a mix of both fiction and non-fiction. Next month it’s Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.

The book club will encourage me to read more, to think more, and to develop deeper bonds with friends through discussing important life issues and sharing in plots, characters, and adventures.

I think it will be an enriching, rewarding, and fun experience.

3 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Wish I could be there to take part!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too! BLA!

Rachelle said...

I just joined a book group. It has been good for me to read things I wouldn't normally pick up. -rlr