Monday, March 19, 2007

Serenading Birds

This morning we woke up to happy, tweeting and chirping bird sounds. Kevin noticed it first. We hadn’t realized how much we missed bird sounds until we realized (this morning) that they had been absent for a long time.

Winter had silenced the birds. But, thankfully, winter is not forever.

And then there are the flowers. They’re starting to pop up here and there, just a little bit. On a walk yesterday afternoon, Kevin noticed some blue wild flowers sprouting up in someone’s yard, along with daffodil and tulip leaves too.

All those years I lived in California I never really appreciated birds or flowers because they were always around. Here, I appreciate every little sign of spring that I get.

I also appreciate the fact that I appreciate it.

I think the changing seasons teach us things about life, time, and various forms of beauty.

2 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

I love the changing seasons. We missed not having snow this winter, but it got cold enough that I'm welcoming the coming spring...

JoMama said...

Amy:

Please tell Kevinicus to call me when he gets a chance.

Thanks!