Monday, March 06, 2006

Why?

Why is it that we had to wait until putting our house on the market before making it 100% perfect?

Kevin and I have vowed that after living in our next house for two years we’re going to act like we’re planning to sell it and make it flawless so WE can benefit from it (instead of doing it solely for the next occupiers to enjoy).

It’s just not fair.

This morning a handyman came to replace some cracked tiles in our entryway. I can’t believe how much nicer it looks. And I can’t believe that we lived with it like that for nearly two years! I’m amazed at how little it cost to have it repaired – I think that’s why we waited so long to fix it, we thought it would be more expensive than it was.

When I first met this particular handyman, he gave me the creeps. I totally judged him by his outward appearance. He’s kinda scruffy looking.

But, after seeing his happy-go-lucky demeanor and hearing him whistle the entire morning and talk on his cell phone to a friend about how much he loves helping out with his kids’ baseball team, I’ve decided that he’s a decent human being.

Funny how we can be so quick to judge people by their outward appearances.

And, lastly, please pray for me because I’m extremely overwhelmed. In fact, I can’t even believe I’m blogging right now. I have so much to do to get our house *spotless* (you know, cleaning places you never realized existed in your house until you read a checklist on what to clean before you sell a house). I feel like I need everything to be absolutely flawless in order to get a good offer.

It’s also an incredibly busy time at work for me, with legislation pouring in. I have about 100 bills I need to read before the end of the week. I am so busy I want to pull my hair out and scream!

Excuse me while I go do that …

5 comments:

CABeachBlonde said...

I'm prayin' for ya. As far as being overwhelmed, I can totally relate to you--I've got five projects due early next week and tons of homework and two exams this week. As far as the house, my parents are doing the exact thing you are because they're selling, as well. It's an overwhelming time, but just remember it will only last for a time. :)

Janice Phillips said...

Need a hand Friday? I could come over and help out for a few hours if you need an extra set of hands...or someone to pull your hair out for you. ;-)

Queen of Carrots said...

I feel your pain. Things are finally just barely settling down.

At least you're getting the house done before you move out of it. We didn't get ours finished until we had already moved out and sold it. We might stop by for a minute before we close on Friday so I can see what it WOULD have looked like, had we ever finished while we lived there.

Anonymous said...

New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New New Post! Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post!

Carrie said...

Praying for you, Amy! That God would give you strength and sanity in the next few weeks! And may Meredith be ever delightful and charming for her mother!