Friday, November 19, 2004

Early Turkey

Last night we had an “early Thanksgiving” celebration with our young married friends from bible study. We did this last year also and I think it’s one of the best ideas for a get-together. Everyone enjoys gathering with their families and stuffing their faces at Thanksgiving. So, why not repeat the marvelous occasion? And, better yet, why not do it with your good friends whom you never get to see on Thanksgiving Day? As we sat around the beautifully decorated table, with our plates heaped up with all sorts of delicious foods, there was a great sense of togetherness and tradition.

I made two of my favorite dishes last night: cranberry spinach salad and garlic mashed potatoes. Not only are these potatoes the best thing ever, they are extremely easy to make. Even Dan Getz or Mark Bigger, two of our bachelor friends, could probably make them. Well, maybe. ;-) (Do I smell a challenge?) Come on guys, it would be fun! They say that every guy should know how to make at least one recipe, and make it well. (My dad makes killer omelets.) That way, when you decide to have kids someday, your children will think that you are the most amazing cook in the world because of your one famous dish.

[A word of caution: The potato recipe is written to feed 100 people, but you can size it down by entering in the number of servings you want in the "customize" box below the recipe.]

2 comments:

quizwedge said...

I find that I can boil spaghetti with the best of them. :)

-Dan

Julie said...

Mmmmmmmmmm... I could go for some garlic mashed potatoes right now.

I picked the wrong month to start a low-carb diet!