Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Haircut Tip

When you get a bad haircut, DO NOT try to make it better by cutting your own bangs after you get home. It will only make matters worse. Trust me, I know.

And, seriously, I wonder how some people manage to earn a hair license? I told this hairstylist to give me an A-line and she gave me a very short page-boy bob. Even she realized her mistake at the end when she said, “Next time grow out the front a little more if you want more of an A-line. I wanted to say, “Hello? That’s what I came to YOU for.”

Thank goodness hair grows and I’m not stuck with it for life. Now I continue the search for the perfect (talented, visionary, artistic, listens to what you want, and reasonably priced) hairstylist. I wonder if she exists.

5 comments:

Micah said...

Well, I found everything but the "reasonably priced" part. I'm so past it. I've had enough bad haircuts (and many tears shed) that I'll pay $40 for a haircut. I'm not looking any more. (at least for now ;)

Emily said...

I agree with Micah... my lady used to work in a salon, and now she cuts hair from her home. She's got a little studio with one sink in her basement. Anyway, I still pay $30 for her to cut my hair. It's worth it to me... it's the one "nice" thing I do for myself. Plus Wade gets really cheap hair cuts, so I figure it evens us out :-)

Amy K said...

Well, not this last haircut, but the one before it I paid $45 and it was nearly as bad. So I would definitely compromise on the cost more if I could get someone who is reliably good.

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law used to be a full-time cosmetologist, but now she does it on the side from her home. They live in the Plainfield/Avon area - not sure how far they are from you. She is awesome and very reasonable. I can give you her info if you want it. Just leave me a message on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you post some pics? If I remember correctly, you used to post a picture or two after a haricut!