Friday, February 27, 2009

February 2009 Menu

I'm now nearing the end of my first monthly menu-planning test run. I loved it! It took more time at the front end but it was incredibly nice to have only minor grocery shopping to do (with my grocery lists already completed and ready for me to walk out the door) the remaining three weeks of the month. I'm definitely going to give it another try in March.

I will say that I'm already planning to have corned beef at least twice in March. I LOVE corned beef!! I can't wait!! Hooray for St. Patrick's Day! My favorite holiday! Oh ... wait ... I always say every holiday is my favorite holiday. :)

Several people asked to see my February meal plan. So here ya go.

February 2009 Menu

Week 1:
- Spaghetti, roasted vegetables
- Chicken pot pie (from freezer), homemade applesauce
- Reuben sandwiches, green salad, oven fries
- Fettucine Alfredo, Italian bread with dipping oil, Caesar salad
- Gruyere chicken, wild rice, winter squash with corn, bacon, and spinach, lemon cake

Week 2:
- Lemon ricotta pancakes, eggs with ham, melon
- Burrito pie, salad
- Beef stroganoff (from freezer), hot vegetables
- White chicken chili, mandarin almond salad, French loaf
- Chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, asparagus with orange glaze, chocolate fondue

Week 3:
- Honey and cinnamon muffins, eggs, sautéed potatoes with peppers and onions
- Meatball sandwiches, salad, cherry pie
- Chicken noodle soup with cilantro and lemon, whole wheat rolls with honey butter
- French dip, oven fries, fresh fruit
- Orechetti with turkey, pinenuts, and pesto, French bread, salad, sautéed carrots
- Chicken and dumplings with applesauce

Week 4:
- Crème brulee French toast, eggs with bacon, cheese, and onion, fresh fruit
- Potato soup, salad, white bread with cinnamon butter
- Grilled pork fajitas with adobo sauce, Spanish rice, chips and salsa
- Real Italian calzones, green salad
- Blue cheese burgers, vegetable
- Tangy turkey and Swiss sandwiches, fruit salad

Snacks, Etc.:
- Fruit bricks
- Cupcones
- Apricotties
- Surprise Shake
- Almond Maple Granola
- Apple Oatmeal

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

Your menu sounds so good!!!

Missi said...

yummy menu! Thanks for posting! Gives me some great ideas!