Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Fresh New Decade

My family came into town to help me ring in the new decade. We had a great time introducing them to Indiana winters! Here are a few snapshots.

Kevin stayed up until 3:30 a.m. the night before decorating the house with balloons and streamers, and wrapping presents. Sweet!

For lunch I wanted to go back to this Indian restaurant I recently discovered through our church’s mom’s-night-out group.

Here I am opening presents. We went out to dinner with family and then came back to our house for cake. Kevin got me these beautiful diamond earrings.

Sledding with Kev. Sledding is one of my most favorite things. I love it.

We had a really nice and relaxing visit with my family. It was so great to watch my parents and siblings interact with the kids. Meredith remarked, “Next time Aunt Melissa comes to Indiana I won’t let her go away anymore.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your parents and younger siblings...30 looks good on you!! Love, Aunt Kathy

Sarah M. said...

Happy (belated) birthday Amy! I was just thinking about you the other week. I was remembering the President's Day weekend when N and I went to DC and then came back to the K's to celebrate your Hawaiian/Mexican themed party Will planned.

Looks like you had a great 30th. May you have a very special year.

Carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =D Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Heather L. said...

I'm so glad your family could visit for the special event! It looks like you had a really fun time!