Monday, December 17, 2007

Tidings of Joy

The Koons family continues to enjoy the Christmas season. Today I bought a Christmas CD I found in the Target dollar aisle. I was skeptical that I would like it but thought it was worth the risk for a dollar. Turns out that I love it! It features all the traditional songs sung by a choir. Yes, songs like “Santa, Baby” are cute and fun but, if you’re like me, you get tired of them after hearing them ten times in a day. I don’t think I could ever get tired of hearing “The First Noel” and “Good Christian Men Rejoice.”

This year is the first year I bought a substantial amount of gifts online. I must say that I’m now a convert. I plan on doing this for all future Christmases. It was SO great to just click, click, click, and then have all these packages show up on my doorstep. Not only did it save me loads of time shopping (with two kids) but I also enjoyed being “surprised” by packages arriving. Fun!

Today I finished a baking project (Chocolate Anise Biscotti and Gingerbread Biscotti):


And here is something else we’re enjoying, a special advent calendar Megan made for our family. It’s beautiful, as you can see for yourself:

3 comments:

Heather L. said...

your biscotti is sooo pretty!!! Online shopping is definately nice.

the Joneses said...

I'm all for online shopping! Especially since we were shopping for people a thousand miles in either direction -- you have the presents delivered directly to them! I figure the shipping costs are pretty much worth the hassle and headaches of getting out in stores... particularly with kids added to the mix.

So there. Now you know what I think.


-- SJ

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Ditto on the online shopping. It's awesome for the mother-with-young-children especially. I made that same gingerbread biscotti -isn't it so good! (I also made a almond chocolate type, but wasn't as pleased...I'll have to try your recipe).
Enjoy the snow!