Friday, December 07, 2007

Gingerbread Project and the Snow Man

Well, it certainly wouldn’t win a contest. It made a total mess all over the kitchen table and floor. And, Meredith probably ate more candy than ended up being put on the gingerbread house. But good times were had by all!

I did the frosting and she put about 90% of the candy on it. It was a nice mommy-daughter bonding time. I think we’ll plan on doing this every year. Maybe by the time she’s a teenager, we can start entering contests.

And, it's kinda nice Kevin is not a crammer. As I type, he’s taking two final exams back to back. But since he’s not a crammer, he took a break this morning and made a snow man with Meredith before heading off to take the exams. Two more next week and then he’s done (until January)! Yay!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm impressed! I think you and Meredith will be winning prizes before you know it! :)

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Awesome gingerbread house! How long did it take you? Was it difficult? I've thought about doing it with Nora, but it's a bit intimidating...Cute father/daughter pic. Wah! I want snow, too...it was in the 70s today :-P

Shan said...

Great gingerbread house and snowman!

Heather L. said...

I have such great memories of making gingerbread houses as a child. We used to do little ones out of graham crackers. One of these years I'll have to do one with my kids.