Friday, August 31, 2007

Transitioning to Two

Before Clara was born I was really overwhelmed at the thought of having a newborn and a toddler, plus juggling everything else with Kevin’s schedule and my side job.

Now that Clara is nearly six weeks old I can say that the transition has been a lot better than I expected. This is partially due to the fact that Clara is a much easier baby than Meredith was. Compared with an active toddler, she’s hardly any work at all. She eats and sleeps and rarely ever cries for anything. She also has this totally relaxed personality, in contrast to Meredith’s Type A.

And, of course, God gives grace for the moment. We often can’t foresee the extent of that grace when we are peering into the future.

One caveat to my “glowing report” is that I’m still relying on some freezer meals and I haven’t technically started back at my job yet. That happens next week.

So, next week you can ask me how I’m doing and maybe you’ll get a different story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, Amy. I know you can do it- the job, two kids, and taking care of everyone. And you're right- God does give you grace in the moment... and he also teaches you to change your expectations to fit your situation! Looking forward to seeing you at MOPS next week! Kristi

swan said...

This is great! I'll make Rachelle read it. :)