Thursday, August 02, 2007

Five-Year Reflections

Wow. I can hardly believe I’m saying this but, as of tomorrow, Kevin and I will have been married five years.

The other day I started thinking about what has happened since August 3, 2002, when Kevin and I joined our lives together.

In five years we moved five times. We lived in three different states, four different times. On two separate occasions we left our jobs for unknown future employment. We bought a house in a seller’s market. We sold a house (in the nick of time) in a buyer’s market. Kevin has been enrolled in two different law schools. We’ve had two beautiful babies.

Although I hope the next five years are slightly less eventful, despite all the challenges the past five years have been the happiest years of my life. Kevin and I have faced all of these things together as a team. Our love has endured. Our love is strong.

Neither of us have any regrets about marrying young. We are thankful to have shared so much of our life-thus-far together. Marriage and children require sacrifice. But these things have made life so full and rich.

Kevin is the type of guy I never thought existed. When I first met him, he caught me by surprise and I couldn’t help but love him. I love the fact that Kevin is so smart and savvy but also so good, selfless, and kind.

Kevin, you inspire me. I’m such a lucky girl to have you. I love you always. Happy 5th!

6 comments:

Angel said...

Congrats, guys! Your wedding does not seem like it was five whole years ago. I can't believe how fast the time goes. I hope you get a chance to do something special to celebrate tomorrow. :)

J said...

Congrats from us too! Any chance you could write a book for all those who are just starting out on the adventure? I'd buy a copy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kevin and Amy! We missed you Amy at Beth's house today. Hope all is going well with little Clara and your recovery. We will see you at the wedding! Love, Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kevin and Amy! All this gushing is making me throw-up a bit in my mouth.

Chris and Amber said...

Congratulations on 5 years!! Time really does fly! Can't believe it will be 4 years for us on Wednesday. Hope you have a special day!

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Having a baby causes you to appreciate your spouse in a whole new and real way. I don't know what I would do without my man right now! Congrats to you both. Hope you had a wonderful celebration.