Monday, July 09, 2007

Two Wonderful Years

We are so blessed. God has given us a precious little girl to love for two whole years now. I figured it would be the case but parenthood has caused me to experience the depths and heights of the wide range of emotions like I never had before. Who knew it was possible to love this much, or be this frustrated, or this happy? Who knew that I would laugh so much every day or cry more than I ever had my whole life? When I signed up for a baby, who knew that I would have a toddler so soon? In the blink of an eye, my baby grew and became her own person, independent and free-thinking, loving life and living every day with passion.

I love you Meredith Grace Koons! I’m so happy that God gave you to daddy and me!

The birthday girl.

Playing doctor with Aunt Megan.

Gift from mom and dad … a new sandbox! Unfortunately the sand had mosquitoes in it. Can you believe it? Our little girl was eaten alive. The next day the mosquitoes were gone, so we ended up not having to get new sand.

Family of Four

Meredith has been singing Happy Birthday to herself and blowing out imaginary candles for nearly a month now! She was so excited to get to do it “for real.”

Sand and Cake. What could be better?

Who says 9 months pregnant isn’t sexy? (On second thought, don’t answer that.)

11 comments:

Rose said...

Happy birthday to Meredith! Amy, I love your hair!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!! I can't believe you're 2 years old already! Amy you look great!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!

Amy, you look GREAT for being 9 months pregnant. Work it! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks at Meg's wedding. Yea!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Meredith! I love how you did her hair for her party. It makes her look so grownup. :)
And you look great! Just a couple more weeks (probably) for both of us! :)

Shannon Koons said...

Awww! Thanks for the pictures! I really missed you all on Saturday. :(

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Meredith! What great pictures!

Rachelle said...

Amy, Pregnancy looks awesome on you! And Happy Birthday Meredith! -rlr

Janice Phillips said...

Good thing you don't have the West Nile out there...I'm dreading the nightly spray-overs here and hope it won't be such a bad year.

Missi said...

such cute birthday pics! You look awesome Amy!

the Joneses said...

Happy birthday to Meredith! She's certainly added spice and smiles to the blogworld since she arrived two years ago.

And you look beautiful!

-- SJ

Carrie said...

Happy (belated) b'day to Meredith! That sandbox looks like too much fun! *I* love it!

Amy, I'll join the crowd in saying you look fabulous although I'm sure you are ready to be a bit smaller and let Kevin hold the baby periodically.

We missed having you at the reunion but I suppose the excuse was pretty decent. =)