Monday, December 04, 2006

First Snow

Our first snow has arrived. It happened last night during the evening service at church. Afterwards I watched the children bounce up and down, grab their coats, and run in circles in the parking lot. Some were jumping high into the air with excitement, yelling, “It’s snowing, it’s snowing.”

I always forget how beautiful falling snow is until I’m suddenly surprised by it.

I hope that, at least on the inside, I’m always like those little kids in the church parking lot, bouncing up and down with excitement at the sight of our first snow.

Snow is not always convenient but it is enchanting. What is convenience worth in light of enchantment? I’ll take the latter.

When we got into the car, strains of “The Snow is Falling” met our ears. We love our new “Santa Baby” Christmas CD!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I specifically love when there has been a good snow already that makes everything quiet and then it snow again...it's beautiful! I hope the snow stays for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Bla!

Janice Phillips said...

Enjoy the snow for me! I'm doing good if I can just find my scarf and gloves for my morning runs in 30 degree weather!!