Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Monkey Influence


I was so happy to realize that Meredith’s hair is now long enough to put in a pony tail and piggy tails. The only problem is that she keeps ripping out the hair bands.

Yesterday I put my hair up in a pony tail to show her how nice it looks on me and how pretty she could look too. This was not convincing to her at all. She looked at me for five seconds and then, once again, ripped out her pony tail and walked away.

This morning I was reading a book to Meredith and noticed that a cartoon monkey on the page was wearing her hair pulled up in a pony tail. I pointed this out to Meredith. Then I went and got a hair band and put her hair in a pony tail “just like the monkey.” I kept telling her that she looked “so pretty, like the monkey.”

She kept the pony tail in ALL morning long, until her afternoon nap! From time to time she would point to it and very happily say “monkey!”

I’m sure it helped that Meredith has really been into monkeys lately, including Curious George.

Apparently Meredith thinks monkeys look cool--and she wants to be like them--but her mom does not. I'll try not to be bothered by this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait til' she starts throwing poo at you.

Angel said...

Take it as a compliment -- she just thinks you look nice no matter how you do your hair. ;)

Alaina said...

How cute! :)

CABeachBlonde said...

I think you're safe. I'm told I was into monkeys at that age, as well, and would sometimes try to emulate them. Obviously, I grew out of it. ;) When you get annoyed, just realize your daughter has a fun personality. hehe :)