Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh, Drama ...

Drama follows me wherever I go.

Yesterday Kevin was sick. So, being the good wife that I am, I decided at 4:45 to change the menu and make him homemade creamy chicken and wild rice soup.

I grabbed my wallet and the toddler, got the stroller out of the garage and started running (literally) to get to the grocery store and buy the items I needed for supper. The grocery store is 1/3 of a mile from our house.

I made record time, bought three items, and headed home – again, I was running to be able to get dinner on the table in time.

I put the stroller back in the garage, bolted the garage (it’s an old house with a detached garage), and went inside.

I put Meredith down and started making supper. When I looked at the ingredients list, it dawned on me that I had left the groceries at the store!

I quickly called the grocery store to confirm that they were there, grabbed Meredith again, got out the stroller and started flying (literally) to the store.

When I got there the guy bagging the groceries burst out laughing, “Ma’am you were racing outta here so fast. I tried to catch you but you were GONE.”

By the way, dinner was on the table at 6:30 p.m.

Not too bad, considering.

4 comments:

The Johnson Family Adventures said...

Wow! You're amazing! I'm sure Kevin appreciated that!

Micah said...

Wow! That is hilarious! You are a better wife than I am! Once I finally think of something for supper, there's no changing the menu... especially if it means getting my little one up from her nap :). Nice that you live so close to the grocery, though!

Anonymous said...

A severe scolding!!!!!!

Debra said...

What a great story! You have so much energy! I've left groceries at the store in my haste too, but I didn't literally run back and forth like you did. What an evening - and even a timely dinner. You are amazing!