Friday, October 13, 2006

Football and Pie

Well, dear readers, since I’m sure you’re all chomping at the bit to hear an update on my fantasy football team, I will provide one for you.

Here’s how it’s gone so far …

The first week I agonized over which people to play … and I LOST the game.

The second, third, and fourth weeks I completely ignored my team. What can I say? I forgot until it was too late.

Interestingly, even though in two of the games some of my highest-scoring players had byes, I WON all three of those games! (What does that say about fantasy football, huh?)

Last week, the fifth week, I decided I’d better not press my luck and switched some players around. I happened to win that game too.

So, basically, I’m in second place right now in my league. Yeah!

I’m sure this good fortune won’t last forever but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts!
__________________

Okay – one funny Meredith story. We had guests for dinner last night. I had baked an apple pie and it was sitting on a counter ledge near our microwave. I was in the kitchen getting ready for supper and realized that it had been strangely quiet for the past two minutes.

I looked over and spotted Meredith with her little hand in the middle of the pie! She was busily scooping out pieces of apple and quickly gobbling them down. Her face was a mess.

I hadn’t realized she could reach the pie. My little girl is getting so TALL!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, your team is doing great. But I'm going to try and give you trouble this week, it's you and me girl and it's on.....
Isn't it amazing the trouble little ones can get into when you're not looking?

Jen said...

I LOVE the pie story...too funny!

The Johnson Family Adventures said...

Your pie adventure sounds so similar to what Michael did the other day--only it was with cookies! It is amazing how they can get into so much mischief in the space of a minute or two! :)