Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Taco Bell . . .

. . . also known as Taco Hell or Toxic Smell. But I like their food despite it all, so we went there last night for dinner. While we were sitting in the drive-thru, Kev and I got into this conversation about how we used to always order the same thing at Taco Bell, over and over, when we were kids. I always got a bean burrito (without onions) and a crunchy taco. Kev always got a bean burrito (without onions too, ‘cuz what kid in their right mind likes ONIONS?) and a chicken soft taco. We were laughing over this when it was time to place our order. So, we decided to take a walk down memory lane and order our favorite meals as kids. It was fun. I hadn’t had a bean burrito from Taco Bell in years. (And now I know why. There was a good reason for that.)

This whole reminiscing thing brings up a question: If you could, would you go back to your childhood and relive it again?

Personally, some days I think it would be fun to be a kid again. I mean, you have no stress, no responsibility, and all the time in the world to goof off and do what you want. But then again, if I went back to being a little girl, I’d have to relive all kinds of bad experiences, like second-grade, for instance, and I’d have to relearn all of those pesky little lessons in life. (And I tend to learn lessons the hard way!)

So, on second thought, I think I’ll just be happy with reminiscing my childhood in the drive-thru of Toxic Smell.

No comments: