Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Good one!

So . . . today’s Secretary’s Day. Or, to be politically correct, I should say Administrative Assistant’s Day. Last night, at the eleventh hour, I went to help Kev pick out a gift for his secretary. Since flowers are always nice (and safe), that’s what we did. He gave her a bucket of lavender and white hydrangeas. And, of course, he gave her a card. Here’s my theory: The bigwigs at Hallmark got together with the Society of American Florists and conspired to pay a lump sum to the calendar makers of the world if they would add a new holiday. Nice. But good secretaries are definitely worth a showing of appreciation. So maybe it was a splendid idea after all.

There's a really good South American restaurant downtown called El Centro. Today we met with a real estate investor to discuss mortgaging our futures away . . . basically. I turned to Kevin after we left, "Did I ask any stupid questions?" I'm learning to keep my mouth shut at these types of meetings. Kev understands it all better than I do. Anyway, back to this restaurant. It was a very unique sort of place. (If they say San Francisco is the city with all the good restaurants in No. Cal, don't believe them!) ;) I found all sorts of interesting, unidentifiable objects in my burrito. But it was good . . . so I didn't make inquiries.

No comments: