Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Poor Hobby Horse Has Died

Meredith came running to where I was yesterday and was visibly upset.

A: “What’s wrong, Meredith?”

M: “My [hobby] horse died.”

A: “Oh, I’m so sorry. How did he die?”

M: “He ate too much of mommy’s medicine.”

A: “Can the doctor make him better?”

M: “No, because the doctor can’t get into heaven until he is dead too.”

A: “Oh, I’m so sad for you.”

M: “Yes, that horse got dead because that soldier took a sharp stick and poked him in half!!”

A: “What? I thought you said he ate too much medicine.”

M: “He ate medicine AND he got poked in half.”

And thus ends the life of our poor hobby horse.

_____________

Another one:

The other day Meredith was being rough with Clara. Kevin rebuked her and said, “Would a true princess, like Cinderella, act that way?” She replied, “No, but Cinderella does not have any childrens.”

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I love the Cinderella line! I'm sure all of us moms feel like pulling that one sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Aww! I am counting down the days till I get to see you guys!!!