Wednesday, May 21, 2008

While my blog was sleeping ...

During my blogging absence:

1) The kids got pink eye (do you know how hard it is to get eye drops into a squirmy, resisting two-year-old? I now have another badge to add to my Mom Vest);

2) Kevin graduated and started his bar review course (which makes for very l-o-o-o-o-n-g days, for both him and me);

3) My parents and two siblings came to visit for 12 days;

4) We went to the Creation Museum in Cincinnati; and

5) We ventured into the deep heart of Kentucky to see old friends. These folks live about an hour from WalMart. You know if you live an hour from ubiquitous WalMart, you’re truly in the sticks.

The Creation Museum was good but different than what I expected. I thought it would be more of a science museum promoting intelligent design and showing the flaws of evolutionary theory. Instead, it had numerous exhibits on biblical and Christian history with wax figures. And several rooms were dedicated to the consequences of choosing human reasoning vs. God’s Word as your starting point. The museum did have a very impressive planetarium, though. And the grounds were beautiful.

Clara's first carousel ride.

Meredith's first "real" horse ride (the pink pony at Meijer doesn't count). And bareback too!

This momma can ride!

Clara at the Children's Museum. She is either strapped into something or crawling everywhere these days.

Graduation Day

Men and their technology! They are playing with GPS on the blackberry.


It's a good thing Meredith has a strong grandpa to protect her.

Grounds of the Creation Museum.

Melissa has fun on the suspension bridge.

My mom hanging out with Noah and Co.

4 comments:

Heather L. said...

I enjoyed all your pictures! How fun to go horseback riding! That's interesting about the creation museum -- I had the same expectation you did. We haven't been there yet.

Anonymous said...

Our family also paid a visit to the creation museum and pretty much came away with the same thoughts. For the first major exhibit space dedicated to refuting (or at least providing an alternative viewpoint) to evolution, it sure didn't accomplish that very well. It was very fun to see, though, and of course, the presentation was nicely done. Lacking on the substance, perhaps, but still cool and serving a very useful purpose.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling 2 cents. All I wanted to say was that I agree with you!

Monica said...

We've been debating about visiting the museum. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint. The only thing that I heard was the it was a little bit "violent" or graphic (people drowning...) for small kids.

Great pictures. You've had a busy six weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Why is Kevin crossing his legs like a girl in the GPS picture?