Friday, May 02, 2008

Spring, newness, life …

I think my immune system did something crazy when I quit my job and I got a really, really awful head and chest cold. In fact, seven days later I’m still really struggling with it.

Kevin’s finals are done. He’s done with law school. For the second time! I can’t believe it. The graduation ceremony is next week and my family is coming into town.

Shannon, my dear friend and sister in law, is getting married tomorrow. Meredith loves to tell people that she will be a flower girl and wear a blue and white dress. I am honored to be a bridesmaid—I’ll be the one smiling and sucking on a cough drop!

Here are some pictures from this last week. The first ones are of a trip to the Lilly Estate gardens after Kevin finished his last exam. Spring here is truly beautiful.

The second set are of an honors convocation ceremony (not the “real” graduation but Kev still wore cap and gown). Kevin was named the Chancellor’s Scholar because he graduated with the highest cumulative GPA in his law school class. Each top student of the various schools (business, dentistry, etc.) at IU were honored and various faculty members were given awards too.








7 comments:

Catherine said...

A lot of great things happening for you guys this spring! I hope you feel better soon!

Debra said...

Wow! You have a lot going on. Congratulations to Kevin, and hope you feel better in time for the big day tomorrow. We miss you!

Rachelle said...

I have missed you and if I had of had a spare moment would have called or emailed. Here's to health, more time with Kevin, and a fabulous wedding for Shannon tomorrow. -rlr

Heather L. said...

Such beautiful pictures from the art gardens! I MUST get back there while the tulips are out (they weren't out yet when I was there a few weeks ago). We're so proud of you guys finishing law school again, and we can't wait for the wedding tomorrow!

Sarah M. said...

Please tell Kevin, "Congratulations" from us. What exciting news! :)

Glad you're feeling better. I missed you blogging!

Micah said...

No wonder you took a blogging break! You've had a lot to celebrate lately! Huge congrats to your whole family. I'm sure you're so happy to be "free" again.

the Joneses said...

Hurray, hurray for Kevin! And for Amy who got through his law school with two kids! Hope you feel better, Amy, and that summer gives you lots of time to sit down and relax!

-- SJ