Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

I love Easter. It’s my favorite. I know I say that about pretty much every holiday but (trying to be objective here), Easter is at least in the top two. The Resurrection means Victory in the Christian faith. I love celebrating this victory. I love celebrating new life. I love spring! And, okay, I admit. This year it was especially fun to make Meredith’s basket and get her all dressed up. The best thing about having children is reliving the newness of something—seeing excitement in their eyes, which is contagious.

Happy Family



Mer got these glasses in her basket from grandma.
She wore them nearly all day.
It was obvious she thought she was a rock star.



With Uncle Colin, looking fabulous in pink.
Or, did he say it was "egg shell"?

Huggin' cousin Cole.

Once she figured the eggs were supposed to go IN the basket, she really got into the hunt. She loved it! (Especially when she realized there was chocolate inside!!)

I think this picture is great! Kevin took it—of the paparazzi surrounding Cole. It captures on the faces of the adults the joy that a child can bring.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shirt is totally pink, sorry, Colin...but he makes it look good!

You guys are all looking lovely, thanks for posting a family pic!

Kevin said...

Actually, I think I overheard him say that it was "Salmon." Pink, Salmon, whatever. Looks pink to me, but Col can pull it off.

Catherine said...

Cute pictures! Meredith is totally a rock star, I love the glasses!

the Joneses said...

The last time I remember wearing a pink dress shirt was in 1993. I was called a rather rude name. I've never worn one again.

--DJ

Anonymous said...

Any man should be able to wear pink... so long as it looks good on him. I heard recently that it used to be pink was the color for baby boys as it was a "baby" version of red and red was a manly color. While blue was the color for baby girls because it reminded people of baby Jesus' mother, Mary... who knows...

Samal Shrikant said...

Nice collection of pics...

Mer is looking cute wearing the glasses...

Rachelle said...

I took a break from fixing dinner to find my (3-yr old) son on the computer admiring Meredith's pictures. Watch out Kevin! Look where marrying one of those hot Williams sisters has led.-rlr