Friday, January 12, 2007

Seven Sunny Days

We got back last night from Los Angeles where we enjoyed every drop of sunshine that was generously sent our way. People kept asking us what we wanted to do for the day. Our answer was always: “We want to be outside!”

The day after arriving Meredith spotted a Friberg picture my parents have hanging on their family room wall. It’s of our first president kneeling in prayer. We asked Meredith to say “George Washington” and she complied. Every twenty minutes thereafter, for the rest of our trip, someone asked her to say it. She was always happy to do so.

We enjoyed walking around both Huntington beach (where Kevin happily ate his fish tacos) and Newport beach and going to IKEA with Betsy. We also went to the Ronald Reagan library, which was fantastic. A highlight of the trip for me was playing kickball with nearly the whole family. I haven’t played kickball in years. Another highlight, which is something we always enjoy, was having my dad make fresh squeezed orange juice from the tree in the backyard.

My family is more scattered now with Christy living in Hollywood and Betsy always being out of town. I was grateful to see all of my family on this trip, including my grandma who flew in from Missouri.

Here are some pics …

At Huntington Beach with the fam.


Games, games, games. This is mainly what David and Melissa want to do while we are in town. As you can see, Kevin is the "rule man."


Did I mention games?


At Christy's new apartment.


Air Force One at the Reagan Library.


View from the back of the Reagan Library.


At grandpa's church - I hadn't heard him preach in years.


Melissa enjoying her horse back riding lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Reagan library! That's a great shot of Kevin/the sunset. It is one of my most favorite places and I never cease to learn something each trip. I tear up every time I round that corner into the Oval Office and his voice welcomes you...so awesome. I haven't been since RR was buried there, don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Rachelle said...

I hope to make it to the Reagan library one day soon. I'm glad you could make it to see your family. How are you feeling these days? -rlr