Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Little Birdwatcher

Meredith has a new passion since arriving in Indiana. She is now an avid birdwatcher. Grandma has some birdseed and a birdbath outside the kitchen window and Meredith squeals, and furiously kicks her arms and legs, every time she spots a bird fluttering across the deck to eat or bathe.

And, I must admit, I’ve enjoyed a little bird watching myself. I’m amazed at all the different kinds of birds that fly through the backyard – all different shapes, colors and sizes. Who knew there could be so many different kinds of birds all in one backyard? Now, if I could only learn their names!

In other news …

The buyers of our house (escrow should hopefully close later this week) are being total jerks. I’m glad we’ll never have to meet them face-to-face. We’ve also been a little disappointed at how our realtor has handled things. He’s been a little, shall we say, “WEAK” in dealing with them. This has resulted in us (well, okay, Kevin) being more involved in decision making and figuring things out. I’m very proud of my husband for his handling of all of this. He’s been very wise, very direct, and very articulate in dealing with this matter. I’m especially glad that he reads the fine print in everything before he signs it! (I probably would not do this, even though I went to law school and should know better.) I needed a man like him in my life!

Kevin seems to be enjoying his new job. So, that’s good.

As for me, I feel like I’ve been in a fog for the last couple weeks. I’m really hoping I snap out of this soon! Frankly, I haven’t felt like writing, engaging, or doing much of anything lately. I’m freaking myself out. That’s definitely not the normal-Amy.

4 comments:

Micah said...

Everything will be "normal" again soon! It's so hard to get in a routine when you're not in your own home. Glad to hear all is going well! I hope the house sell goes QUICKLY... it's such a pain when they drag on forever! Be sure to post some pix of Meredith... Kathryn loves to look at them! She starts talking to her like she's right there in the room with her :).

Anonymous said...

Take a break Amy! You just drove 3,000+ miles and then made a seperate trip to SC. Giver yourself a month or two of NOT driving and you'll be back to normal. How's the house hunt in IN?

JoMama said...

So “freaky Amy” isn’t “normal Amy”?

Janice Phillips said...

I'm still coming out of my fog from moving TO Cali! Give yourself grace, Amy, (that's one thing I'm not very good at).